CHURCH HISTORY

1945 -- Rev. Carl Leyrer commissioned to do canvass work in Big Bend area

1945 -- First worship service conducted in Big Bend town hall

1946 -- Christ English Evangelical Lutheran Church organized and chartered

1947 -- Construction began on church building

1948 -- Dedication of the church building

1956 -- Congregation goes self-supporting

1960 -- Parochial school begun in church basement

1966 -- School – Fellowship Hall dedicated

1972 -- Renovation of church

1974 -- Installation of Pastor Reinhart Kom

1980 -- Fund drive initiated for new church

1986 -- Construction begins on new church

1987 -- Dedication of new church

1988 -- Renovation of old church basement

1994 -- Parsonage and Principal’s residence built

1995 -- Fatima Drive Teacherage bought

1996 -- Playground property bought

1998 -- Construction of school gym

1999 -- Dedication of new gym

2004 -- Vesbach property bought to complete master site plan

2010 -- Installation of Pastor Gary Pufahl

2013 -- Ordination and installation of Pastor Ian Headrick

2014 -- New Rodgers organ installed (Dedication Service - July 26, 2014)

2014 -- Jackson Parkway house renovated as pastoral and administrative offices

2016 -- New school playground equipment installed

2017 -- Renovation to the church narthex completed

© 2019 Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church